[ubuntu-uk] Channel 4 OD U/S
Mark Lawrence
2017-12-03 01:10:04 UTC
Han anybody ever got this to work using any browser on 17.10? All I get
using 64 bit Chrome or Firefox is the old song "All My Life's A Circle".
I don't have any problems with BBC iPlayer, the ITV Hub, my5.tv etc.
It's extremely frustrating as this is the only problem that I've not
been able to fix myself via google in several months of using Ubuntu,
which I'm slowly but surely getting the hang of and enjoying.
--
Mark Lawrence
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listi
Barry Titterton
2017-12-09 12:02:38 UTC
Han anybody ever got this to work using any browser on 17.10?  All I get
using 64 bit Chrome or Firefox is the old song "All My Life's A Circle".
 I don't have any problems with BBC iPlayer, the ITV Hub, my5.tv etc.
It's extremely frustrating as this is the only problem that I've not
been able to fix myself via google in several months of using Ubuntu,
which I'm slowly but surely getting the hang of and enjoying.
Hi Mark,

Channel 4 seem to use a particularly strict type of DRM with its Flash
player software; I even had trouble getting it to play on my wife's
Win10 machine. I think the only option at the moment is to use WINE or
PlayOnLinux and install the Windows version of a browser, such as Firefox.

I did find a quote from Channel 4 which commits them to converting their
service to HTML5 in the near future. However they also said that they
were doing this conversion in close partnership with Adobe so it may
still end up as a mess.

Cheers,
BarryT
--